How would you feel knowing that your work just saved the life of the person picked up by the ambulance that just passed by you? If that gives you goosebumps, then you should definitely join us as a Senior Developer in Auckland, New Zealand!
Together with us, you will systemize and develop discrete event simulation software for mission critical operations. You will develop and maintain CSAM Optima’s software products and services, with a focus on good software design, excellent fit for purpose and high maintainability of source code. You will contribute to decision-making, ongoing improvement processes and ownership of company goals while you provide help and support to other members of the development team.
As our Senior Developer you will:
- Develop and maintain our Optima software to the highest standards, specifications/requirements.
- Identify and implement new functionalities and software enhancements.
- Work in the development team together with the other Developers, Product Owners and Solution Architects to ensure that our work is systemized and implemented in the best way.
- Work with business analysis and testing teams to define business requirements so we can propose best practical solutions to our customers.
- Write specifications & software design documentation.
- Test your work and document the test cases & the results.
- Provide technical support for other Optima teams, including tuning road networks, writing customer call import tools, new business opportunities, etc.
- Review other developers’ code when requested and provide constructive feedback
Your matching strengths for our role are:
- University degree in Software Engineering or similar.
- Minimum 6 years of C++ development
- Great communication skills in English.
- Teamwork oriented but also self-motivated.
- Structured, organized and great communicator.
- Passionate about innovation.
- Right to work in New Zealand.
Would be great if you have, but not mandatory:
- Experience with any of the following:
- Microsoft SQL-server
- Microsoft Azure
- Web development
- Agile development environment
- Knowledge of Operations Research
Get in touch with us:
In this process CSAM cooperates with Active Consulting. For further information about the company and the position, please contact Dean Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All inquiries will be treated confidentially. Applications will be processed on a continuous basis, so we look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible.
Looking forward to meeting you!